Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Dum Biryani is world famous dish from India, native to Hyderabad. This non-vegetarian delicacy is an authentic Hyderabadi rice preparation which is a meal in itself.
Coupled with flavors of spices delicately combined with rice and chicken makes an aromatic combination that is hard to resist. How to make this Biryani recipe? This rice dish has two major ingredients – chicken and basmati rice. The rest is playing around with ingredients and spice mix to create this flavorful delight.
Serves : 6
- 1 kg – Chicken
- 1 kg – Rice
- 1 bunch – pudina
- 1 bunch – Coriander leaves
- 4 to 5 – Onions
- 3 tbsp – Ginger Garlic paste
- 1.5 tbsp – chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp – Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp – Chicken masala
- 2 tbsp – coriander powder
- Whole Garam Masala
- 3 to 4 – biriyani leaves
- 1 cup – Curd
- 2 – Lemon
HOW TO MAKE HYDERABADI DUM BIRYANI:
- Clean the chicken and add chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, chicken masala, curd and keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Add enough oil and fry finely chopped onions till golden brown colour.
- Remove from oil.
- Now drop the marinated chicken in that oil and keep it aside.
- Take rice in another vessel, add whole garam masala, biryani leaves, salt and allow it to cook.
- When rice is half cooked, strain it.
- Cook the chicken and add pudina and coriander leaves.
- Add half the boiled rice and fried onions.
- Add remaining rice and onions layer by layer and cover the vessel with a lid (don’t allow pressure to go out). Reduce flame and cook for 40 min.
- Finally, add lime juice mixed with turmeric powder through small holes made in the rice.
- Serve with raita.